- I am lucky to be able to spend this time with family.
- I am fortunate to have these family members to visit.
- I am healthy and take care of myself, so I am going to let myself enjoy the food and desserts.
- I am not going to get upset over old family issues because this is a time of appreciation and to be thankful.
- I am going to have patience while traveling and spending time with family, or making my way through crowds.
- I am grateful that I am able to taste all the wonderful flavors and enjoy my food.
- I am grateful that I am surrounded by people who care about me.
- I am going to take the opportunity to express my appreciation and gratitude for others.
These are just a few examples of situations that may be stressful for some people during the holiday season. If you find that you are feeling highly depressed or anxious about any of these scenarios, you may want to consider speaking to a professional so that you are able to enjoy the upcoming holidays and nip those stressors in the bud. If you're in the San Diego area, I would be happy to set up a free consultation with you to see if there is something I can help you with to get you off of that rollercoaster and able to enjoy these times to the fullest!
How are you feeling about the upcoming holidays?
Make the end of the year a great one!