If you find yourself in that state of mind where you are coming up with a hundred and one reasons to NOT do something, I would like to challenge you to think about the reasons that you are giving yourself for not following through. Try asking yourself these questions to help identify if you are making excuses and letting fear rule you:
- Have people been telling me that I am making a lot of excuses as to why I shouldn't do _____?
- Do I get nervous or feel resistance when I think about working towards my goal or trying something different?
- Have I felt this way before when I have come across a challenge?
- Are these realistic fears that I am experiencing?
- Have I ever seen or heard of anyone else being able to overcome these issues in order to accomplish ________?
- If someone else can do it, why can't I?
Please share your experiences with this exercise in the comments section and help to encourage others to go for their goals and dreams as well!
If you live in San Diego County, I'd be happy to help you work through these challenges personally. Please check out my website for more information and feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. http://www.counselinginsandiego.com/